What is Egypt?
Nowadays Egypt is one of the most important countries in Africa. It is located in the northeast of the continent and the Nile river flows across.
We all know about the pyramids, temples and sphinxes, but it's important to know that the ancient Egyptian and Mesopotamian civilization were the origin of the current Western culture and have influenced in the history of humanity. The Egyptian civilization arose around the year 3150 before Christ (b.C.) and disappeared in the year 31 b. C., when the Roman Empire conquered it.
One of the greatests women in history. She was the last governor of the Egypt's Kingdom. She was also a diplomat, naval commander, linguist and writer of medical treaties. After the death of Cleopatra, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire.
Experts always talk about how attractive and beautiful she was.
She knew how to conquer the hearts of roman men as powerful as Julius Caesar or Mark Antony.
Nowadays we still don't know where is she buried.
Pyramids and Mummies
Ancient Egyptian Gods
- Cleopatra: Get inspired by the colours that surrounded Cleopatra's lifestyle.
- The Egyptian Pyramids: Build your own pyramids!
- Egyptian Papyrus: Would you like to learn how to make papyrus?
- Mummifying toys: Bring an old toy and transform it into a mummy!
- The Pharaoh's Room: The pharaoh is upset, would you help him?
Google Expeditions (Virtual 360º Tour)
Masterpieces of Ancient Egyptian Art
The Temples of Abu Simbel
Karnak Temple, Luxor
Discover Egypt RA