Video Animation Project
Here you have some videos where you will discover the origins of the video as a consequence of images with movement.
A great video that explains the evolution of film.
Before computers arrived to our lives we just had paper to make films. Watch this video to realise how films were created. Disney Studios
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was one of the first animation movies.
Have a look at this 20 min. making of video
The praxinoscope was an animation device, the successor to the zoetrope.
It was invented in France in 1877 by Charles-Émile Reynaud.
Luckily we have a praxinoscope at school and it's a great opportunity to "learn by doing". We will draw or design our own film stripes.
As you could read above, cartoons were made with millions of drawings. If you watched the video "The Animation Process From 1938", you might saw a man with a thick block of drawings. That's a flip book! A book with a series of pictures that vary gradually from one page to the next, so that when the pages are turned rapidly, the pictures appear to animate by simulating motion or some other change. Here you have two amazing examples!
Cut Out Animation
Cut Out Animation is a great way to start recording a stop-motion video. It consists of drawing and cutting out a paper man and make it articulated with paper fasteners, then background and record a stop-motion video moving the different parts of the man.
Claymation or Clay Animation is the technique that uses clay or plasticine to recreate the movements of the characters easily recording also with the stop motion technique.
Digital or Computer Animation
As you could see in the video, the animation industry has evolved a lot and nowadays most of it is made with the computer.
You might know big animation companies like Disney, Dreamworks, Warner Bros, Nickelodeon or Pixar. All of them use different animation programs.
But how a TV works in Slow Motion?
- Create a film strip dividing the paper in equal parts, put it in the praxinoscope, record a video of it and upload it to Google Classroom.
- Watch the video-tutorial bellow, create a flip book, draw a short story, record a video of it and upload it to Google Classroom.
- Cut Out Animation. Design an articulated paper man or woman, color it and cut it out, add the paper fasteners and record a stop motion with it dancing your favourite song!
- Claymation. Same idea than with the Cut Out Animation but with plasticine! Go on!
- Digital or computer Animation. Watch the videos included in the presentation below and discover which task you have to do!